SearchMyBlog

22.5.11

THE GREATEST FIND OF MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Life has a funny way of sorting you out sometimes. It can also kick you in the face whenever it wishes. Usually life does way more kicking than sorting out, however, this only makes the sorting out even sweeter when it comes through. Take the other day for example, I was doing what I do 5 (sometimes even 6) times a week (pushbiking to work) when I saw something out of the corner of my eye peeking out of some rubbish bags on the side of street. The thing I saw made me stop and turn around. The thing I saw was Skeletor.

I have spent a decent amount of my adult life trawling ebay pages for the 80's toys that I used to own, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to stumble upon the UTTER TREASURE CHEST that I found myself rummaging through in some back street last week.

Luckily my backpack was basically empty and so I proceeded to fill it the fuck up with the following items of pure brilliance.


Gringer

Werewolf Troll

Skull (with detachable teeth)

Tin Tin

Gorilla (made in Taiwan)

Zombie Troll

Skeletor #1

Ewok #1

Commander Dogstarr (Bucky O'Hare)

Ewok #2

Beastman (He-Man)

ET (with illuminating eyes and finger)

Evil Granny (Ghostbusters)

Skeletor #2 (with battle scars)

To conclude...

One man's junk equals another man's treasure

and...

I would be so so so so so pissed off with my mumsie if she threw all of my toys away.

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar thing on Kingston Street in Cambridge - a bin bag containing:

    2 x Atari 2600s,
    1 Nintendo Popeye Panorama Game and Watch
    1 Pacman 2 handheld
    1 x ZX81
    1 48k zx Spectrum
    2 x ZX Spectrum +
    1x 128k ZX spectrum +

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=327677553936594&set=a.224017250969292.48514.126867207350964&type=1&ref=nf

    ReplyDelete